The Bermuda Rum Cake Factory




 The island of Bermuda is notorious for its unique mix of Caribbean and British influences that have become ingrained into the country’s distinct heritage. This blend of cultures makes for a delectable desert made way by the “Bermuda Rum Cake Company”.


Rum cake or “black cake” as some call it, is a delicacy that many West Indians enjoy. Despite not being located in the Caribbean, the Bermuda Rum Cake Company takes a unique spin on a Caribbean favorite through its wide assortment of flavors. With over ten delicious flavors to choose from, feel free to sample them all. I tried every flavor at least three times and still found it difficult to choose a favorite. Every cake, regardless of the flavor, was light, moist, and absolutely enjoyable.

 Growing up in a West Indian household eating rum cake on holidays was part of my family’s tradition. When I heard about the Rum cake company I was extremely excited to check it out.
Located in Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda, the factory is perfectly situated in a tourist friendly location surrounded by beaches, shops and restaurants. 



 Its interior resembles an ice cream shop except behind the glass counter is an array of rum cake flavors. With all those flavors to choose from, I didn’t know where to start so I decided to try them all. From the decadent “Chocolate”, to the sweet “Rum Swizzle” or even “Coconut”; each cake perfectly combined Gosling’s Black Seal rum and the many enticing flavors. Baked daily, the black seal rum preserves the cake, preventing it from spoiling.


The employees were friendly and extremely patient with me. I admit, having sampled all the flavors multiple times, I had a difficult time deciding which cake I wanted to purchase.
The Company sells its cakes in three different sizes: small, medium and large or if you really can’t make up your mind. You can get a variety pack which includes nine different flavors of rum cake. This was a perfect suggestion for people like me who couldn’t decide which cake to buy.


The standard prices range from $14.95 US dollars to $42 depending on the size of the cake; however cakes for special occasions such as weddings may vary. Regardless of the flavor you decide to try, any cake paired with a can of ginger beer is a great way to bring back a taste of Bermuda.


For more information on the Bermuda Rum Cake Company visit: www.Bermudarumcakecompany.com 

Comments

  1. I have fond memories of homemade rum cake. I would definitely love to visit this place. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment